What is Patient Care?Patient Care is the nation’s leading advocacy company. We started Patient Care in 2001 because the average person finds health care and insurance to be frustrating, complicated, intimidating and, of course, more and more expensive. That hasn’t changed! People need help.
Who is Patient Care?We are real people who help real people, every day. Our Advocates come from insurance carriers, provider’s offices or hospitals.
They have vast experience researching and resolving complex claims and billing and health plan benefit issues. The average Advocate has over 15 years experience in the insurance and/or health care industry. Meet some of our Advocates!
What is the Story of Us?
- Six founding investors developed the business model in 2000 at the Columns Hotel in New Orleans.
- Our first investor wrote a check for $100,000 in March of 2001 over a Heineken in his basement bar – this allowed us to
launch the company in August of 2001!
- The company was headquartered on Canal Street in New Orleans until Hurricane Katrina struck in August 2005.
- We moved the headquarters to Milwaukee and restarted the business – in 6 weeks – with a new team of Advocates.
- Patient Care added a leading national insurance company to our growing list of clients in July of 2008.
- As of 2011, Patient Care assists 1.5 million Members nationally.
We think that everyone needs an Advocate. Thank you for considering Patient Care. We look forward to the opportunity of working with you.
Founder, President and CEO